Monday, February 1, 2010

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

If I had to guess, I would say chocolate chip cookies are probably most people's favorite cookie. The best chocolate chip cookie I have ever had was from Paradise Bakery. Their cookies are thick, gooey and almost impossible to put down. I have tried many chocolate chip cookie recipes in search of that perfect recipe. This one comes pretty close.
Since this makes such a large batch, I normally bake about 24 then use a cookie scoop and scoop the remaining dough onto a large cookie sheet, cover them with foil and freeze them. After they are frozen, I place the dough balls in a freezer bag and put them back in the freezer. Then the next time I'm ready for a delicious warm, gooey, and chewy chocolate chip cookie, all I have to do is let them set out for a little bit to thaw and bake as many as I need.
This is my favorite recipe--maybe it will be yours too!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 lb. (4 sticks) butter
2 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs
6 c. flour
1 1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. soda
4 c. chocolate chips
2 c. chopped nuts
Cream butter and sugars well. Add eggs and beat 3-4 minutes. Sift flour, salt and soda. Add to creamed mixture, beating by hand. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cookies won't look done. Let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best-Ever Apple Pie--Really!

You just can't beat a good ol' American apple pie for a great dessert. This recipe was featured in the September 2008 issue of Southern Living. It has five pounds of apples in it!! The picture above is the picture of the pie I made. It was so good! As you read the recipe, you will notice that the crust is a little different--it has cornmeal in it. It also uses apple juice as the wetting agent. The trick is rolling the top crust out large enough to cover that mound of apples. If you love apple pie, try this one. I don't think you'll be disappointed!