Saturday, March 19, 2011

This One Is for Jared

I have been cooking for my husband and sons for a total of about 32 1/2 years, and when I make one of their favorite recipes, I can't help but think of them.  Today's recipe, banana cake, always makes me think of Jared.  This is one of his favorite desserts along with coconut cream pie.

I acquired this recipe the first year Jeff and I were married and living in Houston, Texas.  I worked at Tenneco, Inc., in the internal audit department with a woman by the name of Wanda.  Her mother made this cake and Wanda brought it to work one day.  I have been making it ever since.  (There is a whole history inside every recipe!)

If you have few good ripe bananas, consider making this--it might just end up being one of YOUR favorite recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best-Ever Apple Pie--Really!

You just can't beat a good ol' American apple pie for a great dessert. This recipe was featured in the September 2008 issue of Southern Living. It has five pounds of apples in it!! The picture above is the picture of the pie I made. It was so good! As you read the recipe, you will notice that the crust is a little different--it has cornmeal in it. It also uses apple juice as the wetting agent. The trick is rolling the top crust out large enough to cover that mound of apples. If you love apple pie, try this one. I don't think you'll be disappointed!