Friday, November 13, 2009

Fall in a Cup!

I found a recipe this week in a Susan Branch book my sister had. Check out Susan's web site. Her books are filled with great ideas. This recipe appealed to me because I love the Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer that is available this time of year. Since I was visiting my sister, she obliged me and prepared this latte for dessert one evening. She wasn't crazy about it, but I thought it was very good. If you're calorie conscience, I think this is a good option for a treat since there's only 1 T. of brown sugar in a serving. Stir the ingredients in your favorite cup and drink in some fall!



Pumpkin Latte

2 heaping T. canned pumpkin
1 T. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice

Put all ingredients in a large mug. Fill cup halfway with coffee and stir well. Fill cup with hot milk and whisk. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Best-Ever Apple Pie--Really!

You just can't beat a good ol' American apple pie for a great dessert. This recipe was featured in the September 2008 issue of Southern Living. It has five pounds of apples in it!! The picture above is the picture of the pie I made. It was so good! As you read the recipe, you will notice that the crust is a little different--it has cornmeal in it. It also uses apple juice as the wetting agent. The trick is rolling the top crust out large enough to cover that mound of apples. If you love apple pie, try this one. I don't think you'll be disappointed!