Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

All too quickly, Thanksgiving 2009 is history. All the planning, coordination of what time to cook what so that everything is ready on time, all the looking forward is now past. I trust yours was as special as ours was. Although we missed being with our boys and their wives, we were blessed to be with the rest of our family minus my nephew and his family who live in Colorado.


I just thought I would report that all the desserts I took to my sister's turned out great. My brother in law informed me that he tried all four that I brought (one was a pumpkin roll given to me by a friend) and that the apple pie was the best. (Here's a picture of the middle of the pie.) I had a half slice of the gingered pumpkin (outstanding!) and a half slice of the derby (very good too!).

I wonder what you either served at your home or took to someone else's home? I would love some recommendations for some great recipes! Leave me a comment and tell me how your Thanksgiving was. I would enjoy hearing from YOU! And if you tried one of my recipes, I hope you had good success. Most of all, I hope you realize all that you have to be thankful for. We are blessed indeed!

Beginning December1, I will have a special edition of My Recipe Box for the Christmas holidays. Be sure to check in daily!

1 comment:

Best-Ever Apple Pie--Really!

You just can't beat a good ol' American apple pie for a great dessert. This recipe was featured in the September 2008 issue of Southern Living. It has five pounds of apples in it!! The picture above is the picture of the pie I made. It was so good! As you read the recipe, you will notice that the crust is a little different--it has cornmeal in it. It also uses apple juice as the wetting agent. The trick is rolling the top crust out large enough to cover that mound of apples. If you love apple pie, try this one. I don't think you'll be disappointed!