Monday, November 23, 2009

A Twist on Pumpkin Pie


Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I think that's why I resent the push of the media to skim over it. It seems we go directly from Halloween right to Christmas. I know it honors the Lord when we take the time to be thankful. He has blessed us so much! Our hearts should overflow with praise to Him for his goodness. I heard someone say that if God hadn't done anything else but sent Jesus to save us, that would have been enough for us to praise Him through all eternity. If you are like me, you have that and so much more to be thankful for. I hope as you gather this week that you will take a few moments to express your thanks. Make a list and include not just the big things but the small things. They all come from the hand of God.
If you happen to be baking pumpkin pie for your Thanksgiving dinner, here's a recipe I found on the Cooking Light web site. It's pumpkin pie with a gingersnap topping and was rated with five stars. Who knows? Maybe this recipe will end up on your list of blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Dianne, this is our favorite pumpkin pie recipe! I hope other people try it this year ... the streusel is SO worth it! :)

    P.S. We have a lot of people to be thankful for this year, and you are definitely one of them! Hope you have a wonderful first Thanksgiving in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzy, I'm so happy for the good recommendation for this pie. It sounded like it would be good.

    Thanks for your sweet note. I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to get to spend time with your sweet family. I'm am LOVING watching them grow up on your blog. Bless you all--every single one!

    ReplyDelete

Best-Ever Apple Pie--Really!

You just can't beat a good ol' American apple pie for a great dessert. This recipe was featured in the September 2008 issue of Southern Living. It has five pounds of apples in it!! The picture above is the picture of the pie I made. It was so good! As you read the recipe, you will notice that the crust is a little different--it has cornmeal in it. It also uses apple juice as the wetting agent. The trick is rolling the top crust out large enough to cover that mound of apples. If you love apple pie, try this one. I don't think you'll be disappointed!