Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tyler Does it Again

My favorite Food Network chefs seem to go in cycles.  I find one, make many of their recipes, watch their program over and over again, then get a little tired of them and move on.  (Sounds like my past relationships with hair dressers!)  My new favorite chef is Tyler Florence.  I love to watch him cook--he makes everything look so good.  I will have to say that every recipe of his that I have tried has had wonderful flavor.

So it just seemed natural to turn to Tyler recently when I was looking for a new recipe for shrimp scampi.  I was not disappointed.  This recipe has a very fresh and sigificant flavor.  I have made it a couple times recently because it's a very quick but hearty meal.  Watch Tyler make this dish.  You will be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best-Ever Apple Pie--Really!

You just can't beat a good ol' American apple pie for a great dessert. This recipe was featured in the September 2008 issue of Southern Living. It has five pounds of apples in it!! The picture above is the picture of the pie I made. It was so good! As you read the recipe, you will notice that the crust is a little different--it has cornmeal in it. It also uses apple juice as the wetting agent. The trick is rolling the top crust out large enough to cover that mound of apples. If you love apple pie, try this one. I don't think you'll be disappointed!